About Me

My photo
Kansas City area photographer

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Star Trailing

For Christmas, we went to my grandparent's house in East Central Illinois.  One of my Grandmas lives on a farm outside of a small town.  The nearest town, you can see, is about 2 miles away.  I was very excited to see that it was going to be a New Moon while we were back there for Christmas.  Over the past few years, we've been interested in photographing the stars at night.  This summer, when we went to Yellowstone, we were able to dapple in it some more, but still had quite a bit to learn.

My husband, Graham, figured out the magic to shooting this...you don't use a long exposure as we were originally thinking (and doing).  I don't want to bore you with the details, but if you're interested in learning more, shoot me an email, I'd love to talk with you about it.

So anyways, this photo is ALL my husband's work...he's the one that read up, figured it out, and set the camera up...in the frigid temperature. 

Oh, and one more thing...this is a crib, not a barn.  :)  I was corrected numerous times of the name. 

Enjoy!  I think he did a pretty AWESOME job!

No comments:

Post a Comment